Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) allow you to put aside pre-taxed earnings in an account to cover medical expenses not covered by your insurance. The amount you determine is set aside and then subtracted from your gross earnings prior to that money being taxed. For your convenience, the billing company can provide you with a receipt for your eligible expenses.
How does it work?
All you need to do is submit your receipts and you should be reimbursed from your FSA. Your benefits are part of your companies offerings, and most plans require you to use any dollars in your account before the year ends.
When you book with us please be sure to include all details of your plan and enrollment date. Consult your HR department to see if you are eligible, and what specific services apply to your particular plan. You may also check directly with your health care provider.
You may be able to use your Federal Spending Account at DASHA® towards:
- Chiropractic care
- Allergy treatments
- Athletic treatments
- Exercise program (as treatment for a medical condition diagnosed by a licensed health care professional)
- Massage therapy (for treatment of a medical condition)
- Physical therapy
- Weight loss counseling
- Fertility treatment (for employee, spouse, or dependent)
Examples of ineligible expenses:
- Health club dues and treatments unrelated to a specific health problem
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Prescription drugs for cosmetic purposes
- Dietary supplements and vitamins
- Cosmetics, sunblocks, and toiletries