We are all living with so much stress in the world and a little spiritual self-care can sure go a long way in getting you through those hard times. Self-care is not a selfish act. The universe needs your bright light and you need the energy to be able to shine!
This means making yourself a priority and taking care of yourself first. Of course, this is easier said than done. On busy days, “Me” time is too often the first thing we sacrifice. “I’ll focus on myself later,” you might think, but then later never comes. But by not taking that all-important time, you’re not doing others any favors either. Frustration, regret, resentment and sadness are all side effects of neglecting yourself.
The best way to add self-care into your routine is to develop simple, healthy habits to help you recharge and leave the nonsense at the door. Here are a few tips that I recommend:
- Meditate a few times a week
- Try a long hot shower for daily healing
- Eat a heathy and balanced diet
- Take one day of the week possibly Sunday to reset, reorganize and recharge for the following week
- Keep your home a personal sanctuary that’s free from work
- Remove yourself from all situations that make you feel trapped
- Stay clear of depressing news
- Don’t discuss things that will only lead to a dispute
- If that number comes up on your phone and makes your stomach feel queasy, don’t answer it. Come back to it tomorrow when you’re feeling stronger, or send a message saying you’re busy and you’ll get back to them in the next few days