Finding Balance In Your Work Space
Work Relationships = Engaged Work Culture
We spend majority of our day at work. In fact the average workday consists of 8 hours, plus the reality is the workweek extends beyond the standard 40 hours. Another words work culture impacts our overall well-being and happiness. Your work environment has the power to positively or negatively affect an individual’s prosperity and gratification beyond the scheduled hours. It takes a careful mix of mission, management, and culture.
A work environment that boosts engagement and meaningful work
- Building and maintaining relationships are an important aspect of fostering a positive, balanced work culture
- Workplace friendships can have a profound effect on your career.
- A work friend can provide feedback on your performance or be a sounding board.
- Having a friend on the job makes your time spent on the job enjoyable, and also enhances your overall creativity and productivity.
- The benefits of having friends at work not only enhances the quality of life of the individuals, but also produces a qualified, engaged, and valued space appreciated by employees and employers.
- Engagement in work is associated with feeling valued, secure, supported, and respected.
Things To Avoid
- Stress: Belonging to hierarchies itself is linked to disease and overall stress. The higher the stress levels the higher chances of cardiovascular disease and potential heart attacks.
- Disengagement: While a cut-throat environment and a culture of fear can ensure engagement and or excitement, research suggests that the inevitable stress may lead to tremendous overload and resentment.
One way to achieve optimal balance is by having an open mind in the workplace. Don’t be too judgmental when it comes to company changes and trust that your leader is doing what they feel is best for the entire team!
DASHA® Enterprises, LLC works with independent practices and servicing providers that offer an integrated holistic solution to reach your total body well-being. The “independent client providers” share our philosophy of total body health and work with us to bring you an all-inclusive experience. DASHA® is a luxury lifestyle brand and New York City-based wellness center created to offer a truly holistic approach to wellness. To learn more, visit www.dashawellness.com.