It’s Friday, and we figured it was time to spice it up the conversation with some “Sexual Wellness”.
We all know it’s so darn easy to get caught up in life’s daily DRAMA. But we think that this information might actually answer a lot of peoples own concerns. As your healthcare advocates at DASHA®, our goal is to empower, educate, and provide you information to help you make better decisions with your health and wellbeing. We will guide you and remind you, the importance of being Your health and wellness care doesn’t strictly have to be about taking care of your body by working out and eating right. Sometimes your health and wellness comes from the feeling of pleasure. Yes, that’s what we said pleasure!
So…what is “Sexual Wellness?” Well, it’s simple sexual wellness is how individuals embrace love that will enhance their overall health, happiness and well-being. Taking ownership of your (sexual wellness) takes intention, practice and commitment. It’s about knowing that your body deserves pleasure and sometimes you need to be a bit more open to receive. Sexuality helps one achieve the essential need for human connection. It’s a natural and healthy part of life, PLUS a crucial aspect of your identity as a person.
Remember communication is the key factor to building up that confidence to achieve overall sexual wellness. You may sometimes feel vulnerable and uncomfortable to tell someone what you like and what you don’t like. But… as for your own health and wellness, and the wellness of your relationship, start talking and listening to each-other more. Maybe even try offering a healthy act of kindness or some shared wellness.
Before you get started, you should think about how your body relates to pain in all aspects. So what do we mean by that? We are talking physical, mental, and emotional feelings. Sometimes, when people have chronic pain it may come on at any given moment. And just like that… the pleasures of sexuality can vanish. Chronic pain may interfere with one’s sexuality because of the pain itself, plus the referring pain associated. This may lead to mood disorders, a decreased sex drive (libido), stress, or even medications.
- Know your body’s reactions so that you can prepare ahead of time and allow yourself to be free
- Be mindful & open and allow yourself to understand why or how you’ve been struggling with issues surrounding sexual wellness. You might just find that these type of issues are more common than you think
- Boost your self-confidence by taking care of yourself
- Take time to meditate and relieve stress
Start your wellness journey with DASHA®
- Massage therapy services are known to lower the body’s stress, reduce blood pressure and even balance out hormone levels.
- Acupuncture is one of the most commonly known treatments used in Traditional Chinese Medicine to help improve a man or woman’s sexual health and does wonders for the libido!
- Fitness. We are huge advocates when it comes to maintaining staying fit! Regardless of the class you take (hot yoga, spin, or high intensity interval training, or cross fit) you will definitely release endorphins!
To learn more and to book your next appointment at DASHA® click here.